Access PPSR has adopted this Policy in accordance with the privacy law. This Policy outlines how Access PPSR deals with Personal Information, which it collects in conjunction with SiiP – its PPSR Platform. Access PPSR may also collect information about Individuals who do not use SiiP. Capitalised words in this Policy are defined terms. Defined terms are explained at the end of this Policy.
2. Collecting information directly from people
Access PPSR collects Personal Information directly when:
- an Individual contacts Access PPSR by telephone, fax, email or another form of communication;
- an Individual gives Access PPSR his or her information in person on a paper form;
- an Individual sends the Access PPSR a message through SMS or a third party app;
- an Individual registers or subscribes for an account;
- SiiP automatically captures Personal Information in content Individuals post on SiiP;
- our server and analytics service logs details about website visits;
- location services, when switched on, capture Individuals’ locations;
- our website places or retrieves a cookie on Individuals’ devices;
- our website or server stores visitors’ IP addresses.
3. Collecting information from third parties
Access PPSR collects Personal Information about Individuals from third parties when:
- third parties give Access PPSR access to files containing Personal Information;
- we conduct research on Individuals, including potential customers; and
- we retrieve registration data from the PPSR or from another government agency.
4. Organisations using SiiP
Access PPSR provides SiiP to Organisations, which use them as business and information management tools and for conducting transactions on behalf of their own customers or clients. Both Access PPSR and the Organisations may collect Personal Information from Individuals, including when:
- Organisations collect information directly from Individuals using SiiP;
- Organisations give Access PPSR access to their files containing Personal Information; and
- Organisations enter or process information (such as notes or files) about Individuals using SiiP.
5. Types of Information that Access PPSR collects and holds
Using processes described in this Policy, Access PPSR collects the following categories of Personal Information about Individuals:
- (Content) whatever Personal Information is included in content Individuals enter using SiiP;
- (Identity Information) name, signature, date of birth, nationality, license & registration details, bank account details, family details, employment details, educational qualifications, usernames;
- (Contact Information) email address, social media profiles, telephone & fax number, third-party usernames, residential, Access PPSR and postal addresses;
- (Internet Data) webpage views, IP address, referring web site addresses, location, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and other data typically collected by analytics services like Google Analytics; and
- (PPSR information) information about and recorded in connection with PPSR security interests.
6. How Access PPSR stores Personal Information
Access PPSR holds and stores Personal Information using:
- (Storage Services) third party data storage services, including applications and software;
- (Access PPSR Devices) devices operated by employees of Access PPSR’s business; and
- (Paper Files) printed paper and third party archival storage services.
Access PPSR will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access. This includes measures to secure the Access PPSR’s physical facilities and electronic networks.
Access PPSR secures Personal Information that it collects with credentials, passwords, pins, encryption, session expiry, firewalls, SSL network encryption, and through the use of reputable vendors.
For more information on security, please contact Access PPSR using the details in the “contacting us” below.
8. Deletion procedures
Access PPSR deletes Personal Information when users close their account with us.
9. Why data is held, used and disclosed
Access PPSR’s handling of Personal Information includes holding, using and sometimes sharing the Personal Information so that we can:
- provide functionality within SiiP;
- provide notifications and support;
- offer marketing and promotions, competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
- transact with Individuals and process payments;
- assess and improve SiiP;
- provide secure access to SiiP.
For more information on when Access PPSR shares Personal Information, see below.
10. Handling of data
Some collection, holding, use and disclosure of information happens simply by virtue of Individuals and Organisations using SiiP.
The purpose of SiiP is to allow Access PPSR, Organisations and Individuals to enter, manage and communicate information, including Personal Information, relating to the Australian Personal Property Securities Register and the registration, modification and discharge of Security Interests.
11. Disclosing Personal Information
Access PPSR shares Personal Information with others in the following ways:
- facilitating the sharing of information about sales, inquiries and payments.
- processing transactions lodged by a user on SiiP, including submission of Personal Information to the PPSR.
12. Service providers can access personal information
When Access PPSR uses the services of companies that we work with to provide SiiP, they may get access to the Access PPSR’s data, including Personal Information. Such third party services may include:
- (Government Agencies) Government agencies that administer the PPSR, the Australian Business Register or the registers of Australian companies, business names and organisations;
- (Hosting) Cloud and web hosting service providers;
- (SaaS) providers of software as a service;
- (Support) providers of IT support services, web and software development;
- (Data analytics) Google Analytics (see [http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/](http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/));
- (Online payment) providers of online payment systems; and
- (Apple device functionality providers) Apple location services, Siri dictation, Apple Maps, Apple Notifications (see
Access PPSR will only share Personal Information with these third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to perform their functions.
These third parties may have their own privacy and security policies. For more information about this, please contact Access PPSR using the details listed in the “contacting us” section below.
For information on disclosures to overseas recipients, see below.
13. Disclosing information overseas
The Access PPSR may store or process some Personal Information overseas. Individuals may not have the same rights relating to their information when it is overseas as they would under Australian privacy law.
If Individuals consent to such transfer, Access PPSR will not be accountable for overseas recipients’ handling of their Personal Information.
14. Contacting us
Individuals may edit content and account details within SiiP.
However, Individuals can also contact Access PPSR using the details below if they want to access, correct or delete Personal Information or lodge a complaint.
Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access PPSR reserves the right to refuse access or correction where there are reasonable grounds for doing so, for example if providing access would be unlawful or would compromise the privacy of another person.
15. Complaints process
If Individuals have a complaint about privacy, they can contact Access PPSR using the details listed above.
Access PPSR will respond to complaints in writing within a reasonable period (usually 10 business days from the day we receive an email).
Access PPSR will try to work with Individuals to resolve complaints entirely within 20 business days, although that period may be longer if it is reasonable to take longer given the nature of the complaint.
If Individuals are unsatisfied with our response, they may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
Affiliate means a third
party referrer appointed by Access PPSR in respect of SiiP.
Individual means a natural person.
Organisation means third party Organisations using SiiP including Affiliates.
Personal Information means information about an Individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from that information. This includes information like names, telephone numbers, email addresses and physical addresses.
Platform means the software platform known as “SiiP”.
Policy means this document, drafted in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
PPSR means the Australian Personal Property Securities Register.
Access PPSR, we, us and our means SiiP PPSR Pty Ltd ACN 628 252 880.